A friend of mine tagged me on Facebook a few hours ago. And since I have nothing better to do with my life, I spent three hours doing the tag. Furthermore, I am reproducing it here- again, since I have nothing better to write about!
25 Random Facts About ... Me
1. My greatest desire in the whole world is to be thin- and it is also my greatest regret that till now, I have not been able to get there.
2. I cry in every single movie I see- even Shrek 3. Worst ever was Titanic, when I could not stop for 12 straight hours. And Veer-Zaara (don't ask).
3. I love FOOD- completely. Anything, anytime, any type. My wildest fantasies are ALL about food.
4. I am obsessive about dirty dishes and can't live with them. I have gotten up at 3:00 AM and cleaned the dishes (a number of times).
5. I love Shahrukh Khan. Completely.
6. I am an inveterate pill-popper and keep popping pills for the lamest excuses. Headache, stomache, lack of energy, any random pain, cold, laziness, grief, sulking, moody, unhappy, low... you name it, and I will promptly go and have a pill. And they DO make me feel better!
7. I love dancing. Its makes me feel really joyful. But only on Bollywood/ Bhangra.
8. The one thing I miss most about India is Chaat. And Golgappe. And Mithai. (its mostly all food).
9. I love BLING. The glitzier and shinier the better (that's the Punjabi in me).
10. I am the only one in my entire extended family to NOT have had an arranged marriage and the only one to have married outside my community.
11. I am a great Cook. I cook lovely tasty wonderful Indian food (mostly because I love food, and can't eat stuff I don't find delicious. So I make sure I cook it that way).
12. I have read more than 6,000 M&B's in my life (yes, now you know what a sucker I am for romance).
13. I can NOT eat sweet ice-cream. I have only had chocolate or coffee ice-cream for the last 18 years of my life. I hate ice-cream that is sweet!
14. I want to get my hair colored. Too scared about the consequences.
15. I am very scared of getting osteoarthritis/ porosis later in life and so I take calcium supplements daily.
16. I hate big cities and never want to live in one.
17. I want to see Europe- especially Rome and Venice- in my lifetime.
18. I am trying to start flossing daily but am too lazy. I only manage 2 times a week.
19. I have always wanted to get my nose pierced but am too scared and don't have the guts to go through with it. Also am not sure whether it will look good on me.
20. I love the smell of mingled cigarette smoke and sweet elaichi chai on a man's breath.
21. I have actually gone up to Nikhil Chinappa (MTV was visiting our college) and told him I loved him and that I had been in love with him for a number of years.
22. I really appreciate how all cars on the road stop when there is an ambulance/ fire engine/ emergency vehicle passing. This practice can mean a life saved- especially when I think about Indian traffic. So I am REALLY IMPRESSED with this.
23. I very often have nightmares in which my greatest fears materialize. I have often woken up crying or shaken/ scared.
24. I love dressing up in Indian clothes- and I think sarees/suits are way more graceful and beautiful than western wear.
25. I am one of the nicest people I know :)