Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Tag

Since I want to write and don't know what to write, am doing a tag by my friend.

The tag goes.. "If I were..."

  • If I were a month: I would be August. Because it is unpredictable, sometimes hot and sultry, sometimes pouring with rain, thunder and lightning, carrying both the lingering heat of summer and the promise of a coming winter.
  • If I were a day of the week: I would be Saturday. When half the weekend and its joys are gone, and when responsibilty comes knocking back. Yet, knowing that Sunday is yet to come. Tinged with sadness, yet full of happiness of the present.
  • If I were a time of day: I would be night. Calm, quiet, contained. Contented in itself.
  • If I were a season: I'd be the monsoons in India. Waited for desperately to take away the heat, they come all noise and flashing light, awe-inspiring, flamboyant, loud.
  • If I were a planet: I would be Venus. Woman all through!
  • If I were a direction: I would be North.
  • If I were a piece of furniture: I would be a cosy one-seater sofa. On which one can curl up and read a book.
  • If I were a liquid: I would be Tea. My elixir of life. My caffeine fix. Aromatic. Deep.
  • If I were a tree: Eucalyptus. Because there were a lot of these where I was growing up. And I love the smell.
  • If I were a tool: I would be a hammer. Blunt, driving the point home without finesse. No diplomacy- that's me!
  • If I were a flower: Chrysanthemum. Showy, decorative, big and pretty :)
  • If I were an element: I'd be Mercury. Sometimes liquid, sometimes solid. Quicksilver!
  • If I were a gemstone: I would be Pearls. Born of oysters. In all colors from black to pink to white. Artificial or real. Round and pretty.
  • If I were a kind of weather: Rainy and/or cloudy. Sometimes wistful and tremulous, sometimes dark and threatening.
  • If I were a musical instrument: I would be the flute. Because that is how I want to be: tall and thin and beautiful.
  • If I were a color: Red. Rich, flamboyant, vibrant, alive, sultry.
  • If I were an emotion: Anger. Can never control it and it takes me over. I only wish I had better control over my anger!
  • If I were a fruit: Red Grapes- round, plump and ripe. Asking to be bit into to release their juices ;)
  • If I were a sound: I'd be a car horn: impatient, irritated and a little angry.
  • If I were a car: I would be the red Prius Hybrid. Environmentally conscious, innovative shape and form, sleek and beautiful.
  • If I were a material: I'd be a woven shawl. Warm and comfortable.
  • If I were a food: I would be coffee ice-cream. The perfect blend of bitter and sweet. And melting in warmth.
  • If I were a taste: I'd be sweet. I am sweet.
  • If I were a scent: I'd be citrus. Lemony, tangy and fresh!
  • If I were an object: I would be a mink blanket- warm, supersoft and luxurious, but sometimes smothering and suffocating.
  • If I were a song: I'd be "Mile Sur Mera Tumhara". I have friends from all communities, regions, states and religions of India. And I strongly believe that real people and real friendships transcend petty boundaries of divisiveness.
  • If I were a body part: I'd be the eyes- wherein you can see the depths of your soul.
  • If I were a place: I would be India. Torn, conflictiong, ravaged, and yet rising despite all odds.
  • If I were a facial expression: I would be the look that goes with "Paying attention". Listening. Because that is what I am for all my friends. A person to talk to.
  • If I were a pair of shoes: I'd be Mary Janes. Demure and young, budding with promise. And then add some heels- they become hot and attractive.

1 comment:

Paadhiyogi said...

Oh Rach. Ur half a poet. I loved almost all of what you said.. and ur so sweet and lovable man...U have to be the sweetest and happiest always!