Thursday, November 26, 2009

How to carry on the family name

I am doing a class project on female foeticide and found this online.

From the website http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2008

AADHAR, an organisation in India dedicated to campaign against systemic violation of women’s rights, prepared this very disturbing press advertisement revealing the too common practice of female foeticide. The advertisement won a Gold Press Lion at Cannes 2008. In India, every year 1.1 million unborn baby girls die before they are born. Unfortunately the men who insist on these abortions have little idea of what really happens in the theatre.

Read point no. 7 ...

3 comments:

Varsha said...

This scared me to death.... that's something horrible. Too sad that such practices are carried in India. liked your blogs.. keep up the good work.

Rachna said...

@Varsha- yes, I found this horrifying!
And thanks :)

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.