Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A woman's ubiquitous Tool

What is the one tool that a woman almost always has? A woman from any country in the world? (and there is no need to get dirty here ;)
Any guesses?

Tweezers/Plucker

This truth dawned on me a few days ago while talking to a friend from Tunisia. We were discussing eyebrow threading and she mentioned that she often uses a plucker. A couple of years ago, another of my friends from China was using a plucker. So do most Americans (though I don't have empirical evidence for this). So do most Indian women.

Image source:
http://www.alconeco.com/products/tools/tweezers_and_twissors/mother_plucker_tweezer

Of course, this raises a lot of questions about how body hair is deemed ugly on women. I don't see men waxing their hair or shaving their legs. Apart from, of course, Shahrukh Khan. I love his waxed clean chest. Lovvvvvvve it!!!!! (I had to emphasize that).


That raises another question... how do you all like your men? Hairy or less hairy?

5 comments:

Richa said...

Hmmm..never thought about this but usually hairs on the back grosses me out (like Anil Kapoor), other than that they don't bother me as much. But given a choice I might go for less hairy variety..

BTW liked the theme: why should only women be judged for being hairy or non-hairy? :)

Rachna said...

I agree.. I prefer the less hairy variety too ;)

Anonymous said...

Less hairy for sure. Like Richa don't like the idea of hair on a man's back. I don't mind a little hair on the chest, arms and legs though

Rachna said...

@Psych babbler,
Just wanted to say I love your blog! permission to blogroll??

Anonymous said...

It depends on the male in question. SRK looks great w/o, whereas Akki looks equally great with it.

I don't like the mix-match, though. A bearded male w/smooth torso is strange.